We seriously can’t believe how close it is to Christmas. Where did the year go? Working full time this year hasn’t left us much time for presents or decorations so I decided to do a really quick DIY on these fun “Christmas light” garlands.
Love how they can add just that bit more Christmas cheer to any room!
To make these Christmas lights, you simply need:
- Coloured Paper- whatever colours would suit your home.
- Scrap Cardboard– to cut out a quick template.
Here’s some really quick Steps of how to make your own DIY Christmas Garland:
- Cut out a petal template from scrap cardboard. Don’t worry too much about it being perfect just make sure you’re happy with the shape. My template was around 4cm in width and 10 cm in height.
- Using your template, trace and cut out the lights. 12 of each colour should be more than enough.
- After cutting out the lights, cut thin black strips.
- Fold these thin strips in half and paste them on the top of the lights leaving a small hole for the string.
- Thread your finished lights on to string and hang wherever you wish!
Hope you enjoyed our small little DIY tutorial, or at least, enjoyed Vess’ fun Christmas faces! We are so sorry we’ve been a bit MIA on the blog recently. But we do our best to keep connecting with you guys on Instagram and on Facebook. So thankyou so much for your continual support, comments and hellos! It makes our day so much brighter. 🙂
Amazingly, we now have quite the backlog of Christmas posts. So be on the lookout for some Christmas Fun from Big Picture Stuff!